Hello and welcome to my website! My name is Desiree but you can call me, Des.
I am the podcast host of The Wellness Project with Des. I am lucky enough to interview experts regularly and share their wisdom with you every Thursday! I also run a Facebook Group, Instagram, and Tik Tok account dedicated to providing you with mental health and wellness tips!
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and I worked as a therapist in an outpatient mental health clinic for many years. I now provide mental health services in a High School and Middle School to high need and special needs students.
Besides a passion for mental health, I am obsessed with traveling, cats, and movies! My boyfriend and I have been traveling the world together since 2013 and in 2014 we opened a cat rescue together. We have rescued almost 300 cats together! Besides traveling and rescuing and fostering kitties, I am also a screenwriter. Two of my short films have been produced and I am hopeful that that is just the beginning.
15 fun facts You might not know about me:
- I am obsessed with Tik Tok! I will watch it for hours at a time and can’t help it!
- I collect rocks. I have huge piles of rocks all over our house.
- I am afraid of everything- the dark, the ocean, bugs, heights… you name it, I’m probably freaked out by it.
- I failed math in high school….multiple times. I had been in and out of tutoring from elementary to college.
- I loved school! I miss college so much!
- Even though I lived in Upstate NY and now live in Colorado- I really do not like the cold weather. Summer is my favorite season!
- I am more of a movie person than a TV show person. I start and stop watching shows all the time. I just can’t get into them most of the time.
- My favorite TV show is Supernatural. I would leave Mark for Dean Winchester in a hot second. (Don’t worry, he is already well aware.)
- My idol is Brit Marling. How can one person be so smart and interesting and creative and good looking? How?
- I am obsessed with animals. I love them more than anything on this earth.
- I am a hula hooper and was in a hoop performance group in college.
- Mark and I want to foster and adopt humans.
- It is my goal to visit all 50 states- almost halfway there! (I do not count passing through.)
- I love arts and crafts but I’m absolutely terrible at them. Everything I make is so ugly that I usually throw it out.
- I always have at least 3 to-do lists around me at all times.
Sign up here for your 7-Day Gratitude Journal! This is an easy way to start leading a more positive life. Not only will you get the downloadable and printable journal, but you will also hear from me every week with wellness and mental health tips! You will also hear all about my newest podcast episodes and guests!